Skip to main content

You are here:

  1. Home
  2. Help Centre
  3. How to change your name

How to change your name

We will need to see an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or Name Change Deed. These can be certified by any of the followings:

  • UK solicitor
  • Post Master
  • Sub Post Master
  • Authorised Financial Intermediary
  • MCCB Regulated Mortgage Broker
  • Accountant
  • Doctor
  • Minister
  • Religion
  • Bank
  • Barrister
  • Estate Agent
  • Police Officer
  • Teacher
  • Justice of the Peace

The person certifying the document must print their name, address, telephone number, occupation and date on the copy as well as need to sign the document.

The following statement must also be included: 'This is a true copy of the original document'.

In all cases the certifier must not be retired or a relative.

We will also need a letter confirming your address and this needs to show your old signature and your new one. Once this is received we will update our records. Please note that if you have an internet account we cannot change your username.

Please send the documents at the address below:

Birmingham Midshires
PO Box 81
Pendeford Business Park
Wobaston Road

FSCS – protecting your money. Find out more here.

Gross rate means that we will not deduct tax automatically from your interest. You are responsible for paying any tax due to HM Revenue and Customs.

AER means Annual Equivalent Rate. AER illustrates what your interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year and allows you to easily compare different offers.

Tax free is the contractual rate of interest payable where interest is exempt from income tax.

For telephone line opening times, please read the information in our contact section. Calls may be monitored and recorded for security and training purposes. If you're calling from outside the UK, please dial +441902 428 311.

© Birmingham Midshires
This site is intended for UK residents unless otherwise stated.
Birmingham Midshires is a division of Bank of Scotland plc which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628. Registered office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000.
To contact the FCA Consumer helpline, please ring 0800 111 6768. Alternatively call the Money Advice Service on 0300 500 5000 or visit