Skip to main content

You are here:

  1. Home
  2. Former savers
  3. Unclaimed and forgotten accounts

Unclaimed and forgotten accounts

Helping you trace long lost accounts

Do you have an old Birmingham Midshires account that you can't find any records for? Maybe a friend or relative has an account they can't trace. Send us some information and we may be able to help.

How the tracing service works

We can usually trace dormant accounts going back up to 15 years. Simply send us a complete unclaimed account application form and we'll do the rest. All the money in the account, including interest, will be paid back to you, or the account owner, following a valid claim.

Another option is to visit and provide the required information. We will then be able to investigate your claim.

Please note that reclaiming funds may change your tax status.

FSCS – protecting your money. Find out more here.

Gross rate means that we will not deduct tax automatically from your interest. You are responsible for paying any tax due to HM Revenue and Customs.

AER means Annual Equivalent Rate. AER illustrates what your interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded each year and allows you to easily compare different offers.

Tax free is the contractual rate of interest payable where interest is exempt from income tax.

For telephone line opening times, please read the information in our contact section. Calls may be monitored and recorded for security and training purposes. If you're calling from outside the UK, please dial +441902 428 311.

© Birmingham Midshires
This site is intended for UK residents unless otherwise stated.
Birmingham Midshires is a division of Bank of Scotland plc which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 169628. Registered office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland No. SC327000.
To contact the FCA Consumer helpline, please ring 0800 111 6768. Alternatively call the Money Advice Service on 0300 500 5000 or visit